First cut of the year!

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
RAF96

Re: First cut of the year!

Post by RAF96 »

My plastic grass is 5m x 4m and always looks like I just cut it an hour ago. Highly recommended for small spaces and ancient gardeners.
yelrow

Post by yelrow »

Not very enviro friendly, over 3.5 Hectaires. How does it handle heavy rain. I could start a trend. Can you buy Plastic Hedge.
IanS

Post by IanS »

Would this qualify, it's likely made of plastic?
https://www.modelrailwayscenes.com/prod ... ion-3-pack

Of course it's a little small for 3.5 ha :-) but if that's what you're modelling then will it do the job?
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

RAF96 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm My plastic grass is 5m x 4m and always looks like I just cut it an hour ago. Highly recommended for small spaces and ancient gardeners.
Two of us over 70 and one over 80 cut 40 acres of grass. Do they sell plastic grass in big rolls?
Nurse, the screens!
yelrow

Post by yelrow »

Need a few rolls of plastic hedge. I think it’s a great idea for small areas. Anything that saves me 2 days a week in summer, must be good. The other question is, is it Mole proof. My lawn looks like a battlefield, while they play.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Walkingthedog wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:37 am
RAF96 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm My plastic grass is 5m x 4m and always looks like I just cut it an hour ago. Highly recommended for small spaces and ancient gardeners.
Two of us over 70 and one over 80 cut 40 acres of grass. Do they sell plastic grass in big rolls?
4m wide x how long is a roll.it can be joined with tape and big staples. 40 acres might be a tad expensive at £12.5 / m2
@john - it has a heavy rubber base with small holes to let the water thru'. Moles would struggle getting thru' it.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Yes. Plastic grass is well worth the investment imo. Grandkids can play on it any time. They often play football with no worries. No churning up.
Afterwards the grass is as good as new.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Artificial grass :o The next thing you will be saying is that you have silk flowers in the garden - what is the world coming to :lol:
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

bulleidboy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:35 am Artificial grass :o The next thing you will be saying is that you have silk flowers in the garden - what is the world coming to :lol:
Nothing wrong with artificial flowers outside. Always in bloom and clean with all this rain we are having. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.