DCC Starter package.

FattishBoy

DCC Starter package.

Post by FattishBoy »

Hi everyone, I have been trying to source a decent DCC starter set something like the NCE Powercab or Gaugemaster Prodigy but they appear to be like 'hens teeth' just wondered if anyone else was having issues trying to find a suitable system. I had an NCE on pre order at Hattons but they never got any into stock before closing.
IanS

Re: DCC Starter package.

Post by IanS »

https://www.themodelcentre.com/nce5240042 seem to have them in stock.

Try ringing them to check although contact by phone can be patchy as they've only a few members of staff in an out of the way location in North Yorkshire.
Rog (RJ)

Post by Rog (RJ) »

Try Coastal DCC. They seem to have them in stock.
FattishBoy

Post by FattishBoy »

Thanks guy's, al have a look.

J.
jed10

Post by jed10 »

Just a suggestion . . .

Instead of buying a 30 year old design / technology NCE system why not go for something a bit more up to date? Maybe the nèw Signatrak Ace 3 which they have announced is due to start shipping within the next few weeks. The Ace 2 was good but the new version is much improved, and a 6A output too. If you're looking for a starter systen and aren't quite ready for a more advanced system then the Ace 3 is a fantastic value for money option.
FattishBoy

Post by FattishBoy »

That's given me food for thought, and as Iam not ready to swap over yet I might just wait. Thanks for the heads up.
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Just dropped in to say, @jed10 thanks for that !
I am soon to start my new project, and the Signatrak Ace 3 looks to be just what I need, Coming from using an Elite with HM7000 Bluetooth on my TT120 layout, I can appreciate the benefits of a touch screen for some functions, especially delving into CV settings, but prefer actual control to be via physical knobs and buttons.

I have just ordered one (from a reseller as it was much cheaper than direct :? )as the first part of my next layout, although I have only just realised it doesn't come with a handset, so will get one in due course :oops:

@FattishBoy You can download the PDF instructions from their website to see if it will do what you want.
https://www.glrailways.co.uk/ace-3-dcc- ... 1820-p.asp