A significant event.

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Walkingthedog

Re: A significant event.

Post by Walkingthedog »

That’s good Howard. Using your pacemaker perhaps you will be able to control your locos just by talking to them.
Nurse, the screens!
IanS

Post by IanS »

I'm glad everything went as planned. In my case it didn't. They administered the epidural and my blood pressure dropped dramatically. This resulted in them deciding it was safest not to operate. I recovered quickly from the drama and was discharged later that evening. I'm now scheduled to see a consultant anesthetist on Tuesday 24th September at which point they will decide to either try again with an epidural or a abandon that and go straight to a general anesthetic. Either way, I'm now waiting on the result of that consultation to see how things progress.

In the meantime I'm also waiting for a date to move house! The house purchase has been ongoing since early May 2024 when I found a bungalow that suits my needs - a room for a large train layout (ie a double garage), a room to sleep in (a bedroom with en-suite), a room for my computer equipment (at least 5 laptops - all working), a guest room and a wet room shower bathroom.

I've dismantled my unfinished layout and packed it away with all my other train 'stuff', dismantled my temporary end-to-end Inglenook (I'd just completed the wiring for DCC/DC switching) and all the train tools are packed away too.

I'm hoping for early dates for the keys and the knee op!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Great news Howard. Just take things easy for the next few months. Did they tell you whether the Pacemaker had a 8pin or 21pin chip in it?
IanS

Post by IanS »

It's possibly a Next 18 - lasts for 18y before needing replacement! :mrgreen:
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I hope you get your problems sorted out soon Ian.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I hope you have a real complete recovery Cadman.

Ian. Hope all goes really well.

Apologize that I am not very good with any medical threads as I tend to avoid looking as is hard to emotionally think about things, but I really want everyone to be repaired, healthy and happy, care-free and stress-free... And when our days are ready, Heaven sent!

If only I could make words work for feelings...

Get better everyone!
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...