Hornby BR(S) Green Bulleid Composite.

Too Tall

Hornby BR(S) Green Bulleid Composite.

Post by Too Tall »

If anyone has one or two of these they have no use for, I do !

Specifically part numbers R4886, R4886a, R4886b.
I would also consider the Southern region versions for a repaint if I can not find the above, those are part numbers R4882 and R4882a.

If you have any of the above please PM me pics and a price :)
RFS

Re: Hornby BR(S) Green Bulleid Composite.

Post by RFS »

I would keep an eye on Ebay and perhaps have it email you when one of these is listed. A couple of days ago a set of 3 with the composite in BR colours went for £46. The BR and SR versions are the same colour, so you would not need a repaint just a number change. I have bought the 4 Bachmann coaches in SR malachite and renumbered them to BR. It wasn't difficult.
Robert Smith
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

I don't think they are supposed to be the same green, but Hornby may well have made them that way, its hard to tell from pictures.
I find auctions a PITA and unless I can be around for the last few minutes I dont bother, I would rather have a buy it now price TBH.
I was not aware you could be notified of listings though.
Did Bachmann do the same coaches ? I thought theirs were the 63 ft versions compared to the Hornby 59 foot ones.
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Where might one find the decals to change the composites to BR numbering and markings ?
I do have fox transfers on my favourites, but the nearest I can find is numbers for MK1's, also IDK if the set numbers were only put on brake ends, or also on the composites.

Any recommendations on the best way to remove the factory SR numbering without damaging the paint ?

Now that (I think) I have found and purchased 2 SR versions for close to retail, watch as a shed load of BR/ SR composites arrive on ebay for less :lol:
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Too Tall wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:49 am Now that (I think) I have found and purchased 2 SR versions for close to retail
And the half expected Telephone call came today, regarding your order .... :cry: ..well at least one SR Bulleid composite should be on its way soon ...