Where is everyone ?

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Mountain Goat

Re: Where is everyone ?

Post by Mountain Goat »

I still look in now and then.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Like MG I look in now and again.

Meanwhile waiting for a hospital appointment to see what the shadow on my lung is; and the heart missing a beat more often than originally.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

A belated "welcome back" Brian - pleased to hear your now ok. Sorry to read Glencairn not 100% - hopefully improvements forthcoming. I suffer with Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - which is a thickening of the heart wall - it doesn't bother me, and the hospital telephone every two years, and ask how I am, which I answer "OK" and they say they'll ring in another two years.
I think, as has been said, when summer comes along model railways take a back seat. I'm still reconstructing my layout after new windows installed and a great chunk (of the layout) had to be removed. You suddenly find your not as agile as you used to be working under the baseboards and soldering uphill - nothing like molten solder running down your arm :shock: . I look in here most days, but often don't have anything to say.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Welcome to the world of dicky tickers.
I developed SVT (throttle spring comes off and the engine races), almost 20 years ago, so I have to take beta blockers to damp it down.
Then they found AF 5 years ago (lumpy tick-over), so I have to take blood thinners to counter that.
Add in shortness of breath and ....
The joys of old age. 🤒😷
If I was a Morry Minor, I would change the plugs, set the points, tweak the timing, do an oil and filters change, tune the carbs and be good to go. 🥃
The Sligo Rover

Post by The Sligo Rover »

Still here and looking in now and again. Not much railway action here during the summer as busy enjoying play bowls.
dtb

Post by dtb »

present, don't have a lot to say however :D
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

I look in a couple of times a week but layout in limbo as I clear the remainder of the garage to create space to increase the layout by about 1/3rd and fit a helix to the lower fiddle yard……..unlikely to start this year, especially as first Grandson born a fortnight ago and now down in Gloucestershire for next 6 weeks so me and Mrs HoundDog can be less than 20 mins from daughter rather than 6 hrs.

At least now have a future train driver to justify my layout activities and expansion plans.
Parthree

Post by Parthree »

RAF96 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:44 pm Welcome to the world of dicky tickers.
I developed SVT (throttle spring comes off and the engine races), almost 20 years ago, so I have to take beta blockers to damp it down.
Then they found AF 5 years ago (lumpy tick-over), so I have to take blood thinners to counter that.
Add in shortness of breath and ....
The joys of old age. 🤒😷
If I was a Morry Minor, I would change the plugs, set the points, tweak the timing, do an oil and filters change, tune the carbs and be good to go. 🥃
When i look back i have been lucky.

Its nearly 14 years ago since my heart attack , then 9 months after it they put a PFO occluder in between the top two chambers of my ticker ,it looks like a double ended cocktail umbrella!!! . Got my GTN spray i think i`ve only used it half a dozen times . i have my bloods check yearly cos im on beta blockers ,statins etc .

i want to be a Ford Anglia 105e and have a tune up !!!!!

Stay safe everyone