My layout

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Puddles

Re: My layout

Post by Puddles »

Finally moved into our new home, No furniture yet as it is all still in storage,the removers are very busy with the amount of people moving so it will be two to three weeks before it arrives from storage. Taking the opportunity to do some decorating and renovations while the house is empty and sort of indoor camping at the moment.
Got my priorities right with Head Office (the wife) in getting the proposed train room decorated first :D
It will be a little while before rebuilding the layout as lots of decorating to do to the house and the Garden is overgrown. My trains and all the bits needed to rebuild are with my sister in law so nice and safe, Just hope I can rebuild as fast as Steve when I get going again.

Puddles
It does not take me long to do five minutes work.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Look forward to seeing it - will it be similar to the old layout?
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

bulleidboy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 am Look forward to seeing it - will it be similar to the old layout?
Hello Barry
I think it will be a little smaller so that I can walk around it rather than ducking under but very similar to the original concept with a fair length of track running around in a loop underneath.I like watching a train enter a tunnel and you do not see it again for quite a while until it reappears out of the same tunnel.I purchased a shuttle system some time ago and will try and get that up and running somewhere on the new layout
I will still keep it all DC , to convert all my locos would be a little costly at the moment especially with Head Office wanting a new kitcen and bathroom. ;)
Bob
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

Just an update on rebuilding my layout in our spare bedroom at our new home which I have not been able to start just yet.
The problem is that the room I want to use is full of damaged furniture which we have only just got the ok from our insurance company to get repaired.
Back in May when our furniture was being delivered from Devon to our new home in Sussex the removal lorry lost control, crashed into a barrier and overturned with the contents of our home left lying in the lorry on the grass verge.
Lots of items were destroyed and furniture broken.
We could not get any repairs to the furniture started until the insurance was paid which they have now finally agreed upon. I can’t see that I will have an empty room to start building my layout until next year.
Luckily all my model train items were safe and not in the lorry. I took them to my Sister in laws home before the move where they are still waiting for me to collect.l must have had a sixth sense that something was going to go wrong.
Puddles
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

Hello all
I have not posted for two years now, I somehow could not log in for a long time as my request for a new password did not register so I gave up, decided to try again today and as you can see I was successful.
I still have not started to rebuild my layout yet as the house and garden needed lots more work than anticipated and the spare room dedicated for the layout is still full of furniture which will have to go.
I have still been purchasing the odd loco now and then and taking the odd glimpse at the forum.
Hopefully next year the rebuild will commence.
Regards to everyone
Puddles