Mountain Goat Waggon & Carriage Works.

Mountain Goat

Re: Mountain Goat Waggon & Carriage Works.

Post by Mountain Goat »

Efforts have gone into sorting out the shed ready to use for sorting railway things in.

Also have purchased a couple of budget donor locos for future projects. The more expensive purchase was the solidly built Triang dock shunter and that was not too bad a price considering. The other is a little Lima 0-4-0T which did not cost much at all, so is ideal!

I feel like I am a managing director of a real railway looking for interesting things to be used on my future line...
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Rog (RJ)

Post by Rog (RJ) »

Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:49 pm Efforts have gone into sorting out the shed ready to use for sorting railway things in.

Do you really mean sorting?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Considering what I am doing at the moment, sorting is an apt word, as we are downsizing as we are hoping to move.

Am considering a test track in the shed though. Maybe new owners will build a few layouts here as there are a few outbuildings? Could build a large layout in the barn in theory... Possibly a good 50 or 60ft x 35 to 40ft at a guess? Not really measured it and estate agents used measurements of how the barn used to be before it was opened up but it is a large area. Never used the barn myself as apart from the masses or track to keep clean, barns get used for all sorts of things as everyone has their own projects and needs.

It may seem rather odd me having a small space saving layout, but the last decade or so has been uncertain so whatever I made needed to have portability in mind as I did not know where I would end up, and it looks like it is a good idea.
Chops

Post by Chops »

Wonderful stuff!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks Chops.