LUMSDONIA

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
TimberSurf

LUMSDONIA

Post by TimberSurf »

Hello again
OO modeller with phase 1 (12ft x 2ft) layout complete, of a large, to be constructed design.
Phase 2 onward design can be see on my website LUMSDONIA

The website was for my musings and general spasmodic updates about my layout. But over the last year or two, it has rapidly become a Model Railways resource of info!

Sections include my layout, guides for beginners, ever expanding "How to's", tips, glossary and guides and even a shop section of FREE downloadable pdf's

I also have a complimentary YOUTUBE channel, mostly about investigating new animated features for my layout.

Here are a few piccies to get you going
TimberSurf

Website > Lumsdonia.co.uk
Mr Bones

Re: LUMSDONIA

Post by Mr Bones »

Welcome back....
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Cheers Mr Bones
It's such a shame we have lost all that historic posting from the old site. :(
TimberSurf

Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

It’s slowly being updated.

Layout looks great.
Nurse, the screens!
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Good to see you back - and that vast repository of useful information. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

What's at the other end of your layout?
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Thanks WtD & Roger

Mountain, you have seen it in the NRM Guy Video!
But here is a birds eye view during the build
Partial rusting.jpg
and a shot of the turntable
Turntable Guy.jpg
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

I have been busy making videos in recent times.

I have finally finished the smoke machine, the last version 4 is now packaged and ready to fit to the layout

Having taken some rubbish video at the Wigan exhibition the other week, I decided to by a better camera, a superdooper DSLR :o
One of the cool features is stop motion, so as ever, game to try anything, have a peek at my first attempt!
It's set on part of a 600mm x 400mm diorama I am building (an exercise in testing out my scenery building skills) and is an ideal subject to practice my photography on.
The diorama is a windmill and barn that has been converted to holiday lets, set on a hill with a Styrofoam base that will eventually be incorporated into my layout.

It will feature a 3 motor driven working Windmill, 4 sets of independently controlled lights and realistic smoke! :P

I am branching out into video versions of my webpage "How to's"
With a new found confidence in the output of my new super camera and some tripod/clamp/bencharmyajigs, I have documented one of my more graphical methods of tips - How To make removable loads (semi-auto). It has taken a lot of editing. I doubt I am up there on Luke Towens level, but its a vast improvement on my earlier vids and hopefully more of a useful tutorial rather than my previous, 'look what I did' type.

It's a learning curve!

Please, please, give me any feedback, I cant improve rubbish, if I don't know it is!

P.S. If the music 'dose your'e nut in!' (as some biased peeps have mention) please let me know!

How To make a removable Mineral Wagon Load

I went to the Wrexham Hobbies and Model Railway Show yesterday. I took some video and loaded to Youtube, but as usual, it was a buying session. These days I don't tend to buy much at shows, I have enough rolling stock, so it is usually more the modelling side I pick up. This year I found a few bargains. Some coaches that are for a (secret) scratch build project, at £3 a pop and 120 metal wheels loose in a box for 30p each! :o

Result!!! :D

That means I think I now have enough wheels to electrically light my whole coach stock!
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

I was watching a video on youtube of a really great layout , when it twigged it was a live broadcast. Being Saturday, it then twigged that it was not far from me and open on Sunday too!
So I went!
Even better in person, so here is my video, but YOU are too late to go! :twisted:

Alsager Model Railway Exhibition
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

A Merry Xmas and a Happy new year to you all

TimberSurf