Factory siding

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
footplate

Factory siding

Post by footplate »

Factory siding is a fictitious layout comprising of one siding and a low level factory building. This will run the full length of a scalemodelscenery baseboard, the size of the baseboard is 400mm x 100mm.
I know you are thinking this is small for a layout but I will be running an Andrew Barclay GWR loco backwards and forwards on a shuttle system.
The remainder of the layout will have a brick yard office building and a number of different lineside items and of course foliage. :D
Last edited by footplate on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandit Mick

Re: Factory siding

Post by Bandit Mick »

I love the inventiveness needed for micro layouts plus they show that you don’t need acres of space for a layout. Looking forward to your build especially as I’m building a micro-ish layout at the moment.
footplate

Post by footplate »

Bandit Mick wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:45 am I love the inventiveness needed for micro layouts plus they show that you don’t need acres of space for a layout. Looking forward to your build especially as I’m building a micro-ish layout at the moment.
Thanks Bandit Mick, I’m using Peco code 100 setrack. This has been glued in place but needs to set now. :D
Mr Bones

Post by Mr Bones »

I'm looking forward to seeing this progress. Sounds great.
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Looking forward to more pictures. BB
footplate

Post by footplate »

Morning the baseboard and low relief wagon works factory arrived from scalemodelscenery. The baseboard has been built and Peco setrack code 100 has been glued in place.
The low relief wagon works factory has been partially built, need to measure and fit brick card or paper to the factory next.
3C0A07DC-3E28-481C-8CF4-D3DDCA55213F.jpeg
footplate

Post by footplate »

This morning I have been tediously scribing the brickwork on the wagon works factory wall. Pleased with the result, should all come to life once painting and weathering is completed.
276B27B0-8DD0-492E-A29F-32066F93C968.jpeg