Ballast Bins

Here you can review a new or older model. Be honest in the review. Please observe the forum rules when posting. Especially item 7.
Martint

Ballast Bins

Post by Martint »

I see that Bachmann are offering ballast bins with 'Etched metal window frames with realistic glazing'.
Has anyone seen a prototype for these? Interesting.

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/magen ... -b44-0510/
IanS

Re: Ballast Bins

Post by IanS »

I think someone has 'copied and pasted' something from a coach text. Ballast bins shown throughout the net don't use 'Etched metal window frames with realistic glazing'. The don't have windows frames, etch or not, nor do they have glazing, realistic glazing or not.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Ian do you think they will release a Pullman ballast bin later? A rake behind the Rocket would look splendid.
Nurse, the screens!
IanS

Post by IanS »

Maybe an APT version that will tip to spread the ballast from the back of loco :-)
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Excellent
Nurse, the screens!
dtb

Post by dtb »

Can't understand why they seem so inexpensive considering pricing on other Scenecraft products.

Both Rails and Model Railways Direct have them listed but have omitted the part about glazing so maybe it's possible we will see a cheap item from the Scenecraft range but I think that is a fail on Gaugemaster website re glazing.
IanS

Post by IanS »

I've come across this type of fail before - when looking to buy a 2 door cabriolet car it stated that child-locks were on the rear doors and it had a sunroof!

Oh well, I knew it was wrong because the photos were showing it with the roof folded into the boot and it didn't have back doors. It did mean that I didn't trust anything else in the advert or even on their website! I didn't buy from them! :D

Maybe Gaugemaster should employ someone who checks what is offered for sale. The Sale of Goods Act means you can expect glazing!
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Hope it has a door as well.
Nurse, the screens!
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

dtb wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:41 am Can't understand why they seem so inexpensive considering pricing on other Scenecraft products..
They are pretty basic once you remove the windows. They do a few small items for the same price such as tanks.
There stuff is a bit pricey isn’t it.
Nurse, the screens!
Brian

Post by Brian »

They are detailed here with sizes and expected delivery month if its of help? https://www.bachmann.co.uk/product/ball ... 29/44-0510
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website