Hornby repair dept

Post here items relating to Hornby. Including all their subsidiary makes.
Steve M

Hornby repair dept

Post by Steve M »

My ‘Hush Hush’ has developed a fault - in reverse the gearing clearly doesn’t mesh properly with the usual noise of slipping cogs being the result.
I could probably investigate and repair it myself but as it’s less than a year old, it makes sense to put their repair service to the test.
First impressions are good - phone answered within two rings and a helpful and professional chap gave me a returns reference and the address details.
Off to the post office shortly.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Mr Bones

Re: Hornby repair dept

Post by Mr Bones »

Fingers crossed....
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Have you seen the strike dates for RM in Oct and Nov.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

RAF96 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:16 pm Have you seen the strike dates for RM in Oct and Nov.
To paraphrase a few of our members - it will get here when it’s ready. ;)
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Excellent turnaround time - the Hush Hush was delivered back to me this afternoon. I’ll check it over the weekend.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I sent something back to them awhile back - posted on a Tuesday and returned on Friday - as with yours. A first class service all round.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Checked and tested this morning - all ok. They replaced the drive gears and possibly the motor free of charge and got it turned round inside five days. They even remembered to put the steam pipe that fell off back in the box. It’s just a shame that the other one fell off some weeks ago and I have forgotten which ‘safe place’ I put it in.
When originally delivered, Hornby got a lot of criticism for poor packaging leading to damage in transit - no danger of that this time, never seen so much foam packaging!
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

It’s really nice to see some praise for Hornby. On the Hornby forum it was moan moan moan, haven’t been on there for a couple of years.
Nurse, the screens!
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Walkingthedog wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:24 pm It’s really nice to see some praise for Hornby. On the Hornby forum it was moan moan moan, haven’t been on there for a couple of years.
I still read it for its entertainment value and occasionally give a poke to the odd member or two. Quite satisfying really.
Seriously though, yes they do seem to have got a lot of stick recently, sometimes justified, often not, but I will always highlight good service when I find it - can’t fault how they handled this.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Well done to Hornby for the excellent service. Things like this really do make the difference for customer confidence in their products.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...