Hi All,

Unfortunately, it seems the DNS Server for modelrailwayforum.co.uk has been
switched off by one.com. In order to bring back the site, I've registered a
new domain modelrailwayforum.com.

You should be able to access the site with the new address
https://www.modelrailwayforum.com/. All login details and passwords are the
same, so no change should be apparent.

There may be Certificate/Security warnings relating to the name, I'm
working to resolve these as soon as possible.

For more information please feel free to reach out to me on
MRF.Owner@gmail.com.

Regards,

Steve D. (Stese)
Stese_Admin

Re: Domain Name

Post by Stese_Admin »

I posted this on another topic, but am reposting it here for information.
Stese_Admin wrote: Hi All,

Just to clarify things here with what's happened, and why we've had this hiccup.

The issue is that the 'DNS Service', has been disabled by the 'registered host', One.com. The DNS Service is basically the internet phonebook which points names like 'modelrailwayforum.co.uk' etc to actual servers/IP addresses that contain the information requested.

When Brian L took over ownership of the forum, the owner information wasn't updated with the UK domain name registry properly. This wasn't apparent and didn't seem to give any issues to the 'Host' of the forum One.com. Brian L was able pay for and maintain the settings without an issue.

Fast-Forward to me taking over the ownership of the forum. I was able to configure my own host, on Amazon Web Services. Brian contacted His hosting company, One.com, and requested that they transfer the ownership to me. This wasn't possible as although they were happily allowing Brian to pay for and administer the service, they did not have him as the owner of the site, so I wasn't able to take complete control.

Brian and I both have attempted to update Nominet so that we could move the DNS Service to another provider, but as the original owner is not contactable they won't do anything. The dispute resolution service for them aren't able to help us, as the domain has not been registered in a way that either of us could legally claim it has harmed us or our businesses... There's not an option for 'registered owner not contactable'!

We made the decision to complete the move to the new hosting, but leave the 'DNS Service' with One.com, until the domain name expired in 2024.

The plan then was for me to re-register the domain name, and move the DNS Service at that point. One.com were advised of this, and were instructed to close down the Hosting portion of the service, but leave the DNS Service in place, until it could be moved. For whatever reason, known only to One.Com, they have closed both... effectively terminating the forum under the .co.uk name.

To get access to the forum again, I've registered the new address modelrailwayforum.com, and reconfigured everything so that the forum is accessible at this address.

I hope this helps explain the situation. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me, or post them here.

Regards,

Steve D.