bachmann v1/3 valve gear

bobclifford1953

bachmann v1/3 valve gear

Post by bobclifford1953 »

hi fellow members can anyone out there help me i have a bachmann v1/3 which has broken mounting peg on the valve gear and the one bachmann are selling will not fit my model no 31_602 have tryied the usual websites without any joy will any other bachmann valve gear fit or any ideas on a good solid fix /repair regards bob :?: :?: :?:

Re: bachmann v1/3 valve gear

Post by 508035 »

Hi Bob

Could you post a picture please, I have a possible idea of what I think is a potential way to fix it which might work but I must add that there are no guarantees that it will be a successful idea but its still worth suggesting depending on how bad the issue is.

I also remember that when I was a member of RMweb that there was a question about whether the body from a split chassis Bachmann loco could be fitted to the upgraded chassis for the same locomotive.

I say that because from what I can recall as it was a few years ago and I do not have any pictures of any locomotives that may have had that work done but if I remember correctly, the general answer was that a body from a split chassis bachmann locomotive could be fitted onto the upgraded version.

For information purposes only, the upgraded version is a single block, there are no plastic axle pieces to replace if 1 broke, fixing the valve gear back in place is the same as it would be on either the patriot, jubilee or the Peppercorn A1 & A2 and Gresley V2 locomotives with hexagonal screws to fit the rods on place on the 1st & 3rd driving axles ( much like on modern hornby steam locomotives ) and an actual screw with a slotted head for the 2nd driving axle.

I do not know how much an upgraded chassis costs but they could well be the answer and I know there are Bachmann chassis available on Ebay so they could be worth a look.