Old triang Blue Pullman

FattishBoy

Old triang Blue Pullman

Post by FattishBoy »

Hi everyone, I think I have finally mastered the cut and paste technique so here's hoping this works. I have pasted a link to a video on my youtube channel, also feel free to have a look at my in progress layout build feel free to criticise.
Admin if inappropriate or not allowed please delete.

John (aka Fattish Boy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfWny3O ... FattishBoy
Brian

Re: Old triang Blue Pullman

Post by Brian »

Nice one, and the 'old lady' runs well. :D

I noticed around 1/2 to 2/3 the way up the slope there was a distinct slowing of the train then it picks up speed again. This usually indicates a loss of some rail power! So initially I would clean the rail tops and if that doesn't remove the slowing down, look at the metal rail joiners (Fishplates) either end of that section of track to ensure they are clean and the rail sides they connect onto are clean and of course they are a tight fit onto the rails - use a pair of pliers to gently crimp the metal joiner onto the foot of the rail if found loose.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
FattishBoy

Re: Old triang Blue Pullman

Post by FattishBoy »

Hi Brian, thanks for having a look, the track is all new nickel silver with droppers attached the old Blue Pullman has the knurled wheels and what a racket they make I rekon it slips a bit going up the incline which isn't to steep at 1:3, I had to put some washers in the power car to add some weight as it just struggled to get up all my other loco's manage fine, three coaches and the dummy power car is it's limit though. That old Blue Pullman must be about sixty year old my father bought it for my brother and I it was missing a pick up spring for over fifty year a forum member pointed me in the direction of Lendons of Cardiff and after fitting a new spring and a service of the motor I was pretty gobsmacked to see the thing working considering the last time it worked I was a wee lad and here's me about to turn six zero. :shock: